- A young man takes in the view over the Sha’af neighborhood of Gaza at sundown on August 28, 2014. /Wissam Nassar
- A father and son (L) find some rest above the rubble in the Sha’af neighborhood of Gaza on August 28, 2014./Wissam Nassar
- Palestinians wait in line to get some water in the central Gaza Strip on September 2, 2014. By Wissam Nassar
- A Palestinian girl holds a candle inside her family’s house during a power cut in Jabaliya refugee camp, in northern Gaza Strip..”
Wissam Nassar for The New York Times
- Displaced Palestinians pass the time at the UN school shelter in Gaza City .( Wissam Nassar / The New York Times
Pictures worth a 1,000 words.